bioplex™ AM (Amnion Layer)
Bioplex™ AM is a pliable “thin” allograft, derived from the single layer amnion of the placental membrane, providing a versatile graft for a broad range of applications.
|PLEXAM0101||1 x 1cm|
|PLEXAM0202||2 x 2cm|
|PLEXAM0203||2 x 3cm|
|PLEXAM0303||3 x 3cm|
|PLEXAM0404||4 x 4cm|
|PLEXAM0406||4 x 6cm|
|PLEXAM0408||4 x 8cm|
|PLEXAM0707||7 x 7cm|
|PLEXAM1010||10 x 10cm|
|PLEXAM1012||10 x 12cm|
|PLEXAM0212||2 x 12cm|
bioplex™ UC (Umbilical Cord)
Bioplex™ UC is a natural, “maximum thickness” graft, derived from umbilical cord, that provides a high concentration of growth factors and is easy to work with. Bioplex™ UC is approximately 8x thicker than traditional amnion and may be sutured.
|PLEXUC0202||2 x 2cm|
|PLEXUC0203||2 x 3cm|
|PLEXUC0303||3 x 3cm|
|PLEXUC0304||3 x 4cm|
|PLEXUC0306||3 x 6cm|
|PLEXUC0308||3 x 8cm|
bioplex™ MX (Matrix)
Bioplex™ MX is a flexible, “medium” thickness allograft derived from the placental membrane, offering improved handling and increased workability. Bioplex™ MX is approximately 4x thicker than traditional amnion and can be used for a large variety of clinical applications.
|PLEXMX0101||1 x 1cm|
|PLEXMX0202||2 x 2cm|
|PLEXMX0203||2 x 3cm|
|PLEXMX0404||4 x 4cm|
|PLEXMX0406||4 x 6cm|
|PLEXMX0408||4 x 8cm|
The Bioplex™ amnion membranes consist of semi-transparent collagenous tissue obtained with consent from healthy mothers during cesarean section delivery.
The Bioplex™ UC unique multilayer configuration increases workability, and improves handling. The membranes may be used as therapeutic grafts in numerous foot and ankle procedures and clinical applications. The membranes are designed to establish a physical wound barrier with innate regenerative capabilities to support healing without adhesion or scar tissue formation.
- Easily trimmed to enable precise fitting
- Provides a mechanical layer of protection to the wound site
- Reliably conform to the site of application
- Creates a scaffold for tissue repair and remodeling
Bioplex™ allografts are processed to carefully protect the natural structural and regenerative healing properties of the amnion tissue. Endogenous growth factors and cytokines known to regulate and enhance healthy soft tissue, cartilage and bone repair are preserved1,2.
- Keeps wound sites bacteriologically clean to help promote spontaneous closure3
- Serves as an adhesion barrier for underlying structures at risk
- Facilitates a therapeutic wound healing environment conducive to tissue regeneration
- Establishes an immune privileged, protective anatomical barrier
- Coolen, N.A. et al. (2010). Comparison between human fetal and adult skin. Archives of dermatological Research, 302(1), 47-55.
- Coolern, N.A. et al. (2010). Wound healing in a fetal, adult, and scar tissue model: a comparative study. Wound Repair and Regeneration, 18(3), 291-301.
- Kjaergaard, N. et al. (2001). Antibacterial properties of human amnion and chorion in vitro. European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, 94(2) , 224 – 229.
Amniotic membranes are considered “immune privileged,” meaning they induce little or no immune response in the patient. Adverse immune responses may lead to graft failure or fibrosis. No blood typing or donor matching are required.
Bioplex™ is provided sterile, in double-peel pouches and may be introduced to the sterile field.
Bioplex™ AM requires no initial preparation, applies dry and hydrates rapidly in the surgical site. Bioplex™ UC may be hydrated externally according to specific application. The allograft membranes may be placed directly at the wound site using a set of sterile, non-serrated forceps to manipulate the graft. Orientation stickers enables placement of the membrane epithelial side up and stromal side down. For ease of use, the graft can be placed in sterile saline and will return to its original shape allowing it to be repositioned if needed.
Bioplex™ is stored at ambient temperature until ready for use. Product has a 5-year shelf.
The donor tissue is recovered and processed aseptically, in full accordance with all FDA and AATB guidelines and quality assurance standards in a controlled environment. All Novastep allograft tissue products have been subjected to recovery microbiological study and have been terminally sterilized with electron beam sterilization technology.